Sunday 3 July 2011

Meilemer Kirchgass-Fäscht

Good morning everyone,

I hope that you've all had a wonderful Saturday. Ours was spent at the Meilen village fair (Kirchgass-Fäscht). The weather was beautiful and tables were laid out in the middle of the street.


We picked up some lunch from one of the stalls that were selling food. I had some battered fish with home-made tartare sauce from the beautiful Blumenthal restaurant.


We sat down to eat while listening to the live Jazz band playing nearby.


There were activities for the kids in the afternoon, including street theatre...


... and the local police station had its open day where kids could play with the sirens and handle guns (I know!) or have their photo taken on a police bike. So I joined the queue and got my photo taken before anyone realised I was not a 10 years old!


We finished the day with a stroll down to the Lake and a little swim.



We're off to visit a nearby goat farm which has its open day today. Hopefully, there'll be more on this later.

Enjoy your Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I just stumbled arcoss your blog by the way of The Bearded Iris. It looks like you had a great time. I am so very jealous, the village fair looks like a great time. Plus, who could pass up some really good fish with homemade tartar sauce? Between that and the "sammich" that The Bearded Iris had pictured I am starving.

Love you blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...