Wednesday 23 November 2011

I heart shopping

Sometimes fate gives you a sign…
An amazing “Shabby treasures” shop opened in Brugg less than 5 minutes walk from our house the same week we moved in! This was a sign that we were meant to be there (in the shop buying things less than one hour into its opening day!). The friendly owner sells antique furniture that she has bought in flea markets and revamped as well as modern accessories with an antique feel. The first time we went in, we spotted these lamps which we thought would be perfect on our bedside tables. The shades are obviously new but the feet are from old lamps which have been given some TLC. The lamps lift up an otherwise rather Ikea-looking bedroom.


The second week in Brugg, temptation was too strong and we walked into the shop again on our way to the supermarket. Mr T spotted this rocking chair in a corner of the shop and absolutely loved it…fast forward a bit after a lot of Mr T’s persuasive talk, and we’re back in picking up the rocking chair (and matching pretty cushions) to bring it home. It will eventually go in the spare bedroom once it has been furnished (with some more of Ikea’s finest) but is in ours for the time being.


Not one to travel empty-handed, I picked up one small table to use for our telephone. Not the best photo of it, I realise now with all those wires but it is a very pretty table with delicate legs!

You do realise now that I heart my new local shop and that I have been “investing” my wages wisely…
PS: I did not go on our third weekend in Brugg to give other customers a chance (…ah ah, just waiting for my next pay check!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, is that so? All Dr T was it?!?! I think this story has changed a little in the telling...

Vic said...

Loving the rocking chair, so beautiful, and is that your handmade quilt I spy! X

zsazsazsu said...

you made great investments for sure ! Love the rocking chair !

Petit Filoux said...

I love it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clearly we must chat very soon!! Will be home at 6 tonight x

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Madame Suisse, I discovered your blog by accident. It is interesting to read about the town where I grew up, but have not been living for nearly 20 years - although I go back there very often. What shop are you talking about? I like the stuff you bought and would like to go there myself.

Would love to read more about your adventures in Brugg!
Lighthouse Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...