Saturday 13 July 2013

Here... there... everywhere!

I have felt a little bit that way in the past couple of weeks and have missed out on my self-imposed bi-weekly blogging...grrrrrr!! With winter behind us, I had hoped that Baby Suisse would be relatively healthy for the next few months until the start of next winter but it seems that germs don't take holidays. We have been through 2 anginas and 1 stomach flu in the last few weeks which has been unsettling for Baby Suisse and for us as we had got used to our undisturbed nights... Couple this with 2 weekends spent abroad and here we are mid-July in the blink of an eye. In between rushing to work/nursery/home/doctor/abroad, I have had a little bit of time to:


1) make some strawberry jam (unfortunately not from our own strawberry plants which have so far this year produced a grand total of 6 berries...)


2) Finally use the chimenea we bought last year second hand from a expat who was leaving Switzerland



3) rejoice in the fact that the plants have finally picked up and started to produce small crops...about time!


4) picked a few kilos of cherries from our tree in the garden and turned some of them into a delicious cake (clafoutis if you're curious) which I brought to work.

I need to sort my pictures from our various trips to share with you soon...stay tuned :-)

1 comment:

JuanitaTortilla said...

I love the view from your flourishing balcony garden, by the way. Sorry to hear that you guys have been so terribly busy! Hopefully, you csn catch a breather some time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...